KeyBank Invests $800,000 in Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Submitted by KeyBank
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland provides legal services at no cost to ensure fairness for all in the justice system—regardless of how much money a person has. The organization handles cases that impact basic needs such as health, shelter and safety, economics, education and access to justice.
“The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland has helped improve the lives of thousands of people across Northeast Ohio and is a major advocate for systemic change,” said Kelly Lamirand, KeyBank’s Market President and Commercial Sales Leader for Cleveland. “KeyBank is known for its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, especially for marginalized communities, and we are thrilled to support this organization and their ongoing efforts to fight for racial justice, remove barriers to opportunity and meet the needs of clients in our area.”
“With this gift, KeyBank shows us how together we can extend justice,” said Colleen Cotter, Executive Director of The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland. “This gift is an investment in Legal Aid’s new strategic plan and our quest to be better for our client community.”
On any given day, Legal Aid attorneys:
- Represent clients in court and administrative hearings;
- Provide brief advice through one-on-one consultations or at neighborhood legal clinics;
- Present legal education and other outreach in community locations like public libraries and schools; and
- Advocate for improved policies that affect community members with low-income
In 2022, Legal Aid served 21,700 people through nearly 8,000 cases and supported thousands more through our community legal education and outreach efforts.
KeyBank has supported the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland since 2005 and this latest investment brings the total to $1.35 million. Members of Key’s legal department have also served as regular pro bono volunteers.
Since 2017, Key has made community investments totaling more than $1.8 billion in Northeast Ohio which supports low to moderate income individuals and neighborhoods through lending for affordable housing, small businesses, mortgage and transformative philanthropy.
KeyCorp’s roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $176.2 billion at March 31, 2021. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of approximately 1,100 branches and more than 1,400 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. For more information, visit https://www.key.com/. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
More from KeyBank
- Attorneys seek Deshaun Watson NFL investigation documents
- Four Legal Forms to Consider When Your Child Turns 18 | Business Observer
- Amber Heard Legal Team Requests Johnny Deep Trial Verdict Be Overturned Over Alleged Imposter Juror, Lack of Evidence
- Attorneys seeking NFL documents investigating Deshaun Watson
- State appropriation boosts legal aid services for low income families